Table of Contents
Essays are an important aspect of any academic program. Every student in different areas of their life writes essays in different forms; Narrative, Expository, Argumentative, and Descriptive to succeed academically. Although all these paper types may show similar characteristics in their structuring; they all have very unique aims.
Some essays aim at convincing the reader to accept your opinion on a subject matter. While others show pure similarities and differences between literary projects. Even further, some aim at undertaking and describing events, ideas, subjects, and opinions to a reader. The latter is what many call an expository essay.
If you need to complete any of this form of paperwork and need help, just work with a professional essay writing service. Many experts are now verily available to assist academicians to write essays for their school projects. Likewise, if you want to undertake an expository essay and need guidance, just continue reading this review.
The first step to writing any paper is identifying what type of essay it is. And expository essays need a well-structured body any writer can easily ignore. This is why we’ve considered providing a detailed review explaining what an expository essay is.
Expository Writing and Its Purpose
An expository essay is a form of academic writing that uses properly researched evidence to explain a subject matter. It creates a ground providing an investigated analysis with a good point of view. As a writer, your purpose for writing this paper must present a clear and comprehensive description of a subject.
Expository writing allows the writer to break down complex information into logical explanations to a reader. Unlike other papers, where providing or proving points are necessary, expository writing needs your explanation on a subject matter. It is a very important skill used in many professions, including business, science, and more importantly, in journalism.
However, expository writing is a very broad aspect of writing with different types of individualistic requirements and structure. Knowing the actual type of expository paper is also important. So, these are the 5 main types of expository paper you may be assigned to:
Compare and Contrast Essay
This writing form requires you to compare two ideas or subjects and further clarify their differences and similarities.
Problem And Solution Essay
This type of paper needs the writer to explain more on a particular problem and further a solid breakdown of possible solutions.
Cause and Effect Essay
In this form of expository writing, the writer needs to explain the cause of a specific matter and its valid effects.
This is one of the major forms of expository essays most academic institutions request from their candidates. It requires that the writer provide information on the processes of a specific subject for explanation to the reader.
This type just needs you to provide a well-researched description of a topic, object, place, or any subject matter.
5 Steps to Writing the Perfect Expository Essay
Here are 5 important steps any candidate aspiring to complete perfect expository writing should follow;
- Plan and Outline: First create a plan by taking notes of important details you’ll need and research information for your topic. Then you create an outline that shows what each paragraph will contain. Also, remember to plan all your text and contents in a third person to avoid stating personal opinions.
- Write Your Introductory Paragraph: After brainstorming and outlining how your essay will look, start your introductory paragraph. This is the first paragraph. And it must be able to vividly explain the main point of the essay. Ensure this paragraph is as simple as possible. This will allow the body paragraphs to flow smoothly.
- Write Three Body Paragraphs: The next three paragraphs after your intro should be the body. This is where you explain each point to support the main topic and its content.
- Write A Concluding Paragraph: This is the last paragraph to finalize the whole essay content. Make sure it contains already-stated information from the body and introduction paragraph. Use this space to conclude your supporting points and summarize them.
- Revise, Proofread and Edit: Do a quick revision of the whole content on your paper and check for possible errors. Then proofread and edit to fix spelling errors, grammatical errors, and bad word choices.
Expository essay writing is a very crucial skill necessary for various school learners, from college students to postgraduates. This writing uses valid evidence to explain discrete topics and subject matters. So, if you need to complete an expository writing assignment on your own, follow the steps in this review.