Many people use weighted blankets to relieve stress and get a night of better sleep. These blankets come with deep pressure stimulation technology that provides extra calmness to the body. But most people ask how to use weighted blankets for better sleep? The use of weighted blankets is not rocket science, it is just like that of a simple blanket, but it is more comfortable and reliable than that. However, if you buy it in the right size, weight and use it properly, you can increase the benefits of weighted blankets.
Healthy sleep is the basic need of our body. According to scientific research, sleep is essential in every age, and it plays a significant role in our mental activity. For a healthy person, it is necessary to have 5-6 hoursof sleep for a healthy mind. It activates the brain, restores our body’s power to perform daily tasks,and keeps us safe from many diseases. For better sleep,a cushion and blanket playa vital role. We use different types of blankets, and these days, weighted blankets are more in demand for better sleep due to deep pressure stimulation technology that gives you a feel of protection.
Table of Contents
How Weighted Blankets Help to Get a Better Sleep
Weighted blankets can be used all night or over the time you want to sleep. It is the best partner for insomnia, anxiety, and stress disorder because it increases the amount of dopamine that reduces stress and tiredness. Also, organic bamboo bed sheets help improve the weighted blankets’ effectiveness and enhance sleep quality.
Correct Use of Weighted Blanket
- For better sleep and great relief, you can cover your whole body from shoulders to toe. You can use it in the daytime for a few hours of sleep.
- Use it constantly and replace it with your current comforter to get a long-term effect because regular sound sleep will change your sleeping cycle also.
- Consultants recommend people use weighted blankets 20 to 30 minutes at a time. However, it also depends upon your preferences and body.
- For side sleepers, it is recommended to use a light-weighted blanket to save them from overpressure.
- Use a 20 lb weighted blanket for adults because its benefits also depend on the proper weight according to your age.
Benefits of Weighted Blanket
- It has a lot of benefits for adults and kids. It is the best solution for the kids who don’t sleep overnight.
- It plays a critical role in the calm modality
- When you take proper sleep,it improves your social interaction. In contrast, improper sleep leads to tiredness.
- Serotonin plays a vital role in maintaining the sleep cycle, and this blanket increases the release of serotonin in the body.
- It decreases nervous activity such as hyperactivity and stress.
- It is the best solution for people suffering from chronic pain such as fibromyalgia.
- It reduces the heart rate and maintains the blood flow in the body and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
You can use a weighted blanket according to your need but always keep in mind the weight of the blanket should be according to the recommended weight as 10 percent of your body weight if you are an adult. However, it is not recommended for pregnant women, young kids, and seniorswith severe health issues. Instead, you can enjoy this multiple benefits blanket to improve your health and lifestyle if you have no such problem.
Visit for more articles: bestpost.org